Tuesday, October 2, 2007

First post

I had some free time, so I thought I would finally get setup and start blogging, which is something I've wanted to do for quite some time.

I'm going to do some public blogging here, as well as a bunch of private posts on a different private blog. A long time ago I read The Artist's Way: A Spiritual Path to Higher Creativity [10th Anniversary Edition], but never got around to actually doing the system. You are supposed to keep a morning journal, where you write for about 15 minutes anything that comes into your head. It is supposed to be unstructured, and just a "dump". The point is to just get rid of a lot of the frustrations, ramblings, and other goings-on in your head, and get them down on paper instead, freeing your mind for other important things.

I was never able to write fast with a paper journal, and was always distracted with worrying about my writings being discovered by my partner. Not that I am needing to hide anything, but when you are thinking about someone else reading your thoughts, it certainly does affect how and what you write about.

Blogger should be a great tool for this.

No comments: